Terms & conditions
The summer school is operated by Summer Boarding Courses Limited: Registered in England 6697050.
It is advised that you make your booking as early as possible as places on the course are strictly limited. Please note that no course payment should be made to Summer Boarding Courses Ltd prior to the receipt of the invoice and written confirmation of a place on the course.
Confirmation of a booking is subject to a deposit of £400. The balance of fees is payable before 20th May 2013. Any booking made after 20th May 2013 must be paid in full within 10 days of invoice.
Any course payments made will require you to quote your unique booking reference, given on your invoice.
The booking of a place is regarded as acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
All cancellations must be made in writing and take effect from the date we receive such notice.
Where a cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there will be a refund of all course fees paid, minus the course deposit (£400).
Where a cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date, there will be no refund, except in the case of valid visa refusal (see details below).
Where a booking is amended less than 30 days prior to the arrival or after the arrival date, there will be no refund for any missed course attendance.
Visa Support and Visa Refusal
Should a student require a visa to travel to the UK, Summer Boarding Courses Ltd will, upon receipt of the deposit payment (or receipt of full course fees if booking is made after 20th May 2013) issue a Visa Support Letter for a Child Visitor Visa application.
If the child visitor visa application is refused, then provided we receive a valid visa refusal letter, a full refund will be issued, less a 15% administration fee. No refund will be given in the instance where one or more of these criteria is not met:
- The visa application must be made with sufficient time prior to the arrival date to allow for the length of application time as indicated by the UKBA.
- All necessary documentation must be provided as indicated by the UKBA.
- The parent/guardian must be able to demonstrate that all necessary steps were taken to obtain the correct visa.
We expect and hope that all students registered with Summer Boarding Courses Ltd will have a summer to remember and make every effort to show respect at all times to fellow students and members of Summer Boarding Courses Ltd staff.
The course rules outlined below are designed to ensure that all the students and staff of Summer Boarding Courses Ltd are able to enjoy the summer free from any unpleasant, intimidating or aggressive behaviour and in safety.
However, any student who consistently breaks the course rules, breaks the law or displays aggressive or intimidating or racist behaviour towards another student or member of staff will face instant dismissal from the course and will return home at their own expense.
- Students are expected to attend all meals, classes and arranged activities and excursions.
- Students are responsible for keeping their rooms tidy and for making their own beds.
- All damage to property, equipment and rooms will be charged to the student.
- Gratuitous or wilful damage to school property, public property or other students' property may result in dismissal from the course.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol by students of any age is not permitted.
- Drug-taking or possession of drugs will result in instant dismissal from the course.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the school buildings or in the grounds of the school.
- Racist or intimidating behaviour towards another student or member of staff will result in dismissal from the course.
- In the boarding houses, girls and boys may only mix in the designated recreation areas.
- Any student who leaves their house after lights out may be dismissed from the course.
- Personal mobile phones must be turned off during all lessons and scheduled activities.
At the direction of the Directors, photographs or videos may be taken of the students on the course. Summer Boarding Courses Ltd. reserves the right, unless we are advised to the contrary by the parent/guardian in writing, to use these photographs or video clips as part of future Summer Boarding Courses Ltd. promotional material.
Students and parents will be asked to fill out an end of course questionnaire at the end of the course. Summer Boarding Courses Ltd. reserves the right to use this material in future promotion, unless otherwise stated by the parent.
The Directors of Summer Boarding Courses reserve the right to admit students to the summer schools who are within one year in age of the advertised age range, if they feel that the students are suitable for the school. This decision is entirely at the discretion of the Directors.
Visiting a student
Parents, guardians and friends are welcome to visit students on a summer course. 24 hours notice must be given in writing, prior to any visit to the summer school. If a student is to be taken out of the school or out of the care and responsibility of our staff during an excursion, the parent or guardian must provide written permission by signing an absence form.
All travel details need to be confirmed in writing as do any changes that may occur. The cost of excess baggage is entirely the responsibility of the student and Summer Boarding Courses Ltd will not pay this charge under any circumstances. Please check the airline’s policy before travelling.
All students attending a course with Summer Boarding Courses Ltd must have comprehensive travel insurance. Summer Boarding Courses Ltd in association with Gibbs Denley Insurance Services, provides all students with travel insurance. Students will automatically be included on the insurance policy from the date of booking until the course departure date, unless the parent/guardian expresses they do not wish to be included or if a student has booked through an agent who provides separate travel insurance.
Liability & Changes
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd. has public liability Insurance. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to exclude any liability of Summer Boarding Courses Ltd. for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of the company or those employed by the company.
The details of the programme have been published in good faith. We reserve the right to make any changes or alterations to any aspect of the course, in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors beyond our control.
English Law shall apply to the contract, and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.